Friday, April 20, 2012

Plated Dessert Week








 Sorry I haven't been active on here at all lately!  I'm gonna try to catch up and post about all the delicious things I've been learning to make.  Here's where I left off.

Plated dessert week was crazy.  There were a thousand recipes for each of the desserts so for most of the week the kitchen was pretty hectic.  Friday was the worst-- and the best!  Friday was the day we plated all of the desserts, but we had to eat all three of them in about five minutes before moving on to prepare the next plated dessert!  I think everyone either had a massive food baby or was suffering from a major food coma for the rest of the day.  It was delicious but pretty sickly.

Plated Dessert 1:

This dessert was made from pink meringue squares, chantilly cream, peaches soaked in black currant juice, (x2).  On top was an anise ice cream and a raspberry sorbet, and in front was a strawberry coulis that was dipped in gelatin, so it held it's shape on the plate but as soon as you cut into it the coulis ran all over.  That was my favorite part of this dessert.

Plated Dessert 2:
 
The cake part of this dessert was made of layers of alambra biscuit, lemon jelly and a chocolate-asparagus mousse.  On top was a lemon-asparagus sorbet, with cocoa tiles on the side.  This dessert was a pain in the ass to put together thanks to the cocoa tiles, but it was actually really delicious.  Who would've thought asparagus would be a good dessert food?  Not me, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Plated Dessert 3:

This was my absolute favorite.  The three main flavors were chocolate, raspberry, and ginger-- a.k.a. the best flavors in the world.  Inside the cocoa tower were layers of joconde biscuit, chocolate raspberry ganache, fresh raspberries, and a ginger creme brulee, with raspberry sorbet on top.  Delish!  I almost ate this one in entirety even though it was the last dessert and I was already suffering from food baby contractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment