Monday, May 28, 2012

Chocolate Week: Round Three

I was extremely lazy this week in class and barely took any photos.  Actually, to be fair, I would have taken more but I forgot to charge my camera battery.  Whoops.

One of the chocolates we made looked a complete mess, but they were pretty yummy.  They were made with dark chocolate, slivered almonds, rice crispies, and crystallized lemon pieces.  We first tempered the chocolate, then poured the rest of the ingredients inside and then spooned it out in dollops.

I think my favorite chocolate we made this week was a Bailey's and speculoos combination.  We made a Bailey's ganache with milk chocolate, then poured it into milk chocolate molds.  Then we made speculoos cookies and attached the Bailey's and milk chocolate balls on top of them by using tempered chocolate as glue.  After they were attached and set, we used the spray gun to coat them with more chocolate.  Yum!

A runner up to my favorite chocolate was this final one.  We made feuilltine and spread it into a round.  Then we made a white chocolate and citrus ganache and poured it over the feuilltine in the round.  After that set, we sprayed it with the chocolate gun to "chablonner" the chocolate, then cut it into little squares.   Then we dipped the squares in tempered milk chocolate to make the final product.  Yum!

This coming week (the week I'm technically in right now) is the final week of my pastry course.  After that I'm off to travel the world!  Ahh, so nervous but so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment