Sunday, March 18, 2012

Springtime in Cap d'Agde

a tree right outside my apartment
It's starting to get a bit less windy and chilly here and now there are so many flowering trees.  Cap d'Agde really is a beautiful area, despite the fact that it's still pretty comparable to a ghost town, and probably will stay like that until the tourist season starts.

the view from my hotel room's balcony
Last week a group of us decided to go to Montpellier on Friday for the night.  Finding a hotel was a pain in the ass because the Cirque du Soleil was in town, but eventually Hanel and I (being the champs we are) found one at the last minute on Friday morning before french class.  So that day after pastry our group (consisting of Hanel, Gemma, Clif, Chris, Naki, Mateo, and me) rushed back, finished packing, caught the last bus to the train station then hopped on a train to Montpellier.  It was a very fun night.  We had a little trouble finding our hotel, but eventually we made it there.  We went out for dinner (I had a starter of beef carpaccio, a main meal of sea bass and risotto, and a dessert of seasonal fruit with custard-- yum!), then we stopped at a bar or two, and found our way to Club Panama where we spent most of the night.  I will definitely make my way back to Montpellier at least once during the rest of my time in France.  There's so much more going on there than in Agde, that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Odd that it's warmer here in Minnesota than there, in the south of France. Yesterday we may have hit 80 degrees and will probably get there today. All the windows are open and stayed that way all night too. Crazy!!!
    I'm sure things will change soon though and you'll be warmer there than we will be. Lovely that you have a flowering tree right outside you apartment. I did a little research on Montpelier and it sounds like a very interesting town. If you go again, take more pictures. Also, you should take some pictures of the harbor and the beach.
    Well, that's it I'm done telling you what you should do ;-) Am going to Deirdre's baby shower this afternoon.
    Thanks for the blog update.

    ReplyDelete